Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reminder to Self


What I would like my life to be is a life full of love. Filled with days I spend with people I love, filled with moments in places I love. Filled with minutes thinking about and talking about ideas I love. Filled with hours and days doing what brings me joy, whether it is work or play. Filled with pleasures like great food and wine and looking at and appreciating things of beauty. These are what make me feel alive, and connected to my purpose.

Here is a quote I wrote down in my journal, which inspired me:

Your purpose is not to fear or to frighten. Your purpose is not to control or to be controlled. Your purpose is to live, to love, and to experience life in a way that is uniquely yours. Remember that purpose, and let its value flow freely from you with each thought, feeling and action. Live from your purpose and be fully alive.

I apologize, but I can't remember who said or wrote it, I got it from an email my Aunt sent a while ago, one of those 'Good morning!' emails that I used to look so forward to getting. It resonated with me, I guess is why I wrote it down.

It is a good reminder, especially when I start to question why this and why that and why me, that my life is uniquely mine, with my own very unique purpose.